- Project Title: Joint European masters in Search and Social Media Marketing (JEMSS)
- Project Number: 539206-LLP-1-2013-UK-ERASMUS-EQR
- Grant Agreement: 2013-4140
- Sub-programme or KA: ERASMUS
- Project duration: from 01/10/2013 To 30/09/2016
It is a partnership between five European universities –
- Salford Business School, University of Salford, UK
- University of National and World Economy, Bulgaria
- City College, Thessaloniki, Greece
- Kaunas Technical University, Lithuania
- University of Lodz, Poland
- as well as a UK based company, The Candidate Ltd that specialises in Digital Marketing recruitment.
The project is concerned with developing an innovative Digital Europe focused masters programme that will address the needs of a growing Digital Marketing industry by developing the #passion4digital in the next generation of digital marketers.
The objectives are:
- Identify Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SME) needs and preferences to be addressed by JEMSS learning material
- Identify student needs and preferences of education by JEMSS delivery methods
- Produce a JEMSS core text book to widely disseminate project findings and materials
- Evaluate JEMSS learning material within a Massive Online Open Course (MOOC)
- Operationalise an institutional collaboration framework for joint master’s accreditation amongst educational institutions
- Implement a sustainable business plan based on the Partnership Exploitation Agreement, which satisfies the needs of businesses, academics and learners
- Disseminate project results to key stakeholders
Digital marketing skills shortage
The project addresses the shortage of formal skills (particularly in SMEs) and universally applicable qualifications within the digital marketing industry across Europe and will benefit the industry itself, individual learners as well as having a significant impact on the European digital economy through several key factors.
First of all, students will have a rare and exciting opportunity to experience study and work environments in 5 different European countries, thereby gaining invaluable pan European experience.
The provision of a cutting edge curriculum and learning environments will ensure that students are prepared for employment from the very beginning of the course; business that decide to engage with this programme through the provision of placements and internships will also benefit through direct commercial access to a constantly evolving curriculum.
Finally, developing high levels of professionalism within the Digital and Social Media Marketing #passion4digital community of Europe will continue to grow in importance as the world becomes increasingly digitally focussed.
The content produced by the JEMSS project team which is available on this website is subject to the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.